MEET DR. LISA MANUELIAN
My passion is to equip you to live your purpose by helping you identify and overcome your barriers and limitations.
Dr. Lisa Manuelian
Dr. Lisa Manuelian currently operates a coaching and consulting practice in Sierra Madre, California. She works with individuals, couples, groups, families, and youth, helping them navigate through life’s challenges, identify and overcome limitations, and live a life of purpose and fulfillment.
Dr. Manuelian understands that every individual is beautifully unique – with different needs and distinct gifts. As a result, she takes a unique approach to her coaching practice, integrating evidence-based methods with an holistic approach focused on getting to know the individual she is working with. Her extensive background as a psychotherapist, professor, consultant, coach, mother, and wife, give her the ability to carefully analyze any situation and establish a custom process for every coaching client.
Dr. Manuelian’s motto is: focus on the present – take action for the future!
areas of practice
Dr. Manuelian’s coaching services encompass a wide variety of areas including:
- life transitions
- managing emotional triggers
- coping skills
- managing anxiety and depression
- personal development
- career planning and development
- health/fitness and self-care
- family and parenting issues
- relationships and intimacy
- various other areas
background & education
Dr. Manuelian received her masters and doctoral degrees in clinical psychology from the California School of Professional Psychology at Alliant International University.
- She completed her pre-doctoral clinical training in rehabilitation and neuropsychology at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles and Northridge Hospital Medical Center.
- She further specialized her practice through extensive pre and postdoctoral training in geriatric neuropsychology.
- She worked extensively with the older adult and geriatric population in nursing homes, conducting neuropsychological assessments, brief psychotherapy, behavioral modification, memory and cognitive remediation training.
- She also worked as a diversity consultant conducting diversity training and workshops, as well as program development.
- Her diverse professional experiences range from the program director of a teen residential treatment facility to an adjunct professor for the past 8 years in multiple graduate-level programs.
- She has specific expertise in areas of perinatal health working with women and their partners.
- She serves on the board of a nonprofit organization that provides preventive educational programs for expectant mothers, their children, and families.
- Dr. Manuelian also has significant expertise in working with teenage boys and men of all ages, regardless of background or diagnosis.